So apparently the U.S. has it’s own Stonehenge in the isolated fields of Georgia. This monolithic event has been named the Georgia Guidestones. Of course I heard about this through a television show on the History channel. Apparently an anonymous person or group had them built in the late 70’s. The anonymity of it’s creator, along with the nature of what is scribed on the stones, has inspired conspiracy theories ranging from a NWO agenda to post-apocalyptic directions for humanity to the Devil’s instructions.
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
This list is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages – English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.
Also, the Georgia Guidestones are aligned with the poles and the cosmos – apparently congruent with the North Star, points to North-South-East-West, and the Sun – both annually and at noon time. I want to see and experience these stones. From what I understand I need to get there before December of 2012 – I better hurry.